Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The honeymoon is over, baybay..

It's back to reality for me, starting tomorrow. Yep, I've got a job, and rent to pay. I'll be working at On Yer Bike, a Specialized dealer, of course! I'm still Specialized Boy... Scored a sweet self contained flat in a rich suburb, overlooking the city, in a million dollar house owned by an old couple. It's got everything supplied, don't even have to buy pegs! And I've got use of their indoor swimming pool. Yeah baby. Though it's probably too late weather wise from now on, though still no rain to speak of. I'll put up some pics in the next few days. Here's what's been going on since Karapoti:
Sunday it was clean the bike and get it to stop making dry, creaky, scraping noises, then met up with Ross and got a motel after staying at my aunty/uncles place. Ross reckons Lindsay is a dead ringer (voice-wise, not looks) for Sean Connery, and calls him "Bond". Then we met up with Chris and Bob (Brenda) and Tama and Heather and had dinner before Chris and Bob took off for the flight back to Nelson. Cool people. Monday, we still didn't want to look at the bikes, Ross looks like he has been dragged behind a car down a gravel road, which is kinda true, except for the car bit. So we just hung out, got some dinner, drank the wine he won at Crater Rim then went to the movies... saw 'The last king of Scotland', based on the story of the regime of Ugandan dictator Idi Amin. Recommended.

Today we finally got on the bikes again, and headed up to Makara Peak, up Wrights Hill and down Deliverance, and got smashed by Ross as he is into a harder training phase now, apparently. I still think he was holding back, but I'm definitely going better. Still slow and old, but better. Nearly got blown off the top of the Peak, so wisely decided not to ride Ridgeline. The wind here will be what kills me, after it makes me stronger. Did a drive from my workplace to my flat, 9kms exactly with the last 5km up a huge climb (when coming home, going to work all down then flat). Then it was time to take Radboy to the airport, yeah he's back to the States, to a training camp in Arizona, media stuff, then the first Norba and onto Europe for the World Cups. Bit different to riding with me. Just a bit. Well, better get ready for work... shit, don't like the sound of that....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news BoK, good bikes and all. Ran into Col in Glenrock today, he may steal your mantle as the S boy himself...

Anonymous said...

after all....
... the HILLS ARE MINE !!!!!!

(slug)

Anonymous said...

The hills were on loan, slug.... you would've cried like a baby at Karapoti, when I grannied away from you!

Anonymous said...

myf was hot on spics and specs tonight bretto