Saturday, November 24, 2007

The accidental tourist

As mentioned in the last post on the 12 hour, my good friend and loyal 'pit bitch' (her term, so not offensive) Andrea was over from Aus last week, giving me the opportunity to do some of Wellington's sightseeing activities that I've just not gotten round to so far. We were blessed with five days of magnificent weather, so we made the most of it.

We took the cable car up to the top of the Botanical Gardens, the views over the city are fantastic.

"Wot you lookin' at geeza?"

This could be a postcard, in fact I've seen the same shot on many a postcard around town.

Looking over the main rose garden in the Botanical Garden.

This one's for you, Matty. Of course I had to take Andrea on a ride around the bays, and add the 501st shot on the blog for the big fella's benefit...

There a a lot of sculptures in the gardens, and I thought I'd get arty with this one.

We also hit up Te Papa National Museum, which I'd been putting off because I thought it would cost too much to get in. It's free. And way too much too take in in one visit. I liked the more modern NZ art on display, this cow was made from corned beef tins.

This Holden is covered in corrugated iron, and the artist actually drove it around for years as his main mode of transport. Stylin.

Murphy the landlady's cat is a regular visitor to my flat, and always sits in this weird position, much to Andrea's amusement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers mate,i'll let you off though seeing as Bolton managed to pull one out of the bag at the weekend

brettok said...

oh yeah, we're back baby! 15th, heady heights!

Flametop59 said...

Sometimes you got to be a tourist.

By the way I sent an email to Brettok@hotmail.com and it bounced.

brettok said...

Try it without a capital 'b'... brettok@hotmail.com cheers