Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Stumped...again

Got to take the new 08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert test bike out for a spin up Makara on Monday. The wind was howling but the trails are nice and dry at last, and I pretty much had the place to myself. Is that a Yeti? No, but the test colour looks pretty good, better than the colour the production bikes come in I think. Turned a few heads in the car park and looks good on the trail.
Aratihi, looking from Ridgeline. You don't realise how far you have to climb to get to the top, but it's not too steep and the ride back down is worth it.
Ridgeline extension. I got blown off the bike on an uphill pinch near the top. The wind even down lower was strong enough to blow my camera off the table. The hill in the background is near the top of the Peak, and Ridgeline comes from up there.
Most of the ride was spent thinking about how the bike was in comparison to mine, and also how those (long) shorts I'm wearing feel, as I'm reviewing them for Mountain Biking Australia. Bike: awesome. Shorts: too long. Riding a bike in the bush on a day off work: Priceless.

5 comments:

Mike and Karen said...

Yeah, have to agree with you on the stumpy. My ride on the same bike was "O" for orsum.
Uphill was really comfortable and downhill was nothing short of fantastic.

Anonymous said...

All I want to know is -did you drop the drop and table the table -or was it too precious?!?!

Anonymous said...

Looking at those welded , chopped ,frames reminded me of a Yeti

Anonymous said...

hey....check out this link

http://www.trailflix.com.au

I saw it advertised in Mountainbike Action (u.s. magazine)

its got some video of glenrock

SLUG (the hills are mine !!)

josh said...

Nice shot of your arse there, Brett.