Friday, March 13, 2009

Karnage

Karapoti loves brake pads....
mmmm tasty. Those aren't mine, but a couple of customers. There's been a few bikes needing some TLC this week, I'm sure all the shops have seen similiar cases of abuse.
I'd fitted some Jagwire pads a week before the race, and they still have plenty of meat on them. Way cheaper than XTR's, they're well worth a look.
My bike performed flawlessly as always, as did Mike's and Rob's and Roger's... Stumpys rock! I pulled out my bottom bracket and not a drop of water emerged. Nice.
Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25s are the shit. I thought they might struggle in the goop, but they didn't slip or slide and rolled like a ball bearing in mercury. New favourite tyres.

More reports of survival, joy and pain:
Cabin
Houltham

Some Bushlovers...
Goldie
The Tiger
Clive

The numbers never lie...
The Army does Karapoti
What happened at the pointy end

No comments: